Personal data protection policy
1. Who are we?
SENCROP is a société par actions simplifiée (simplified joint-stock company) (the “Company” or “We”) based in LILLE, France (postal code 59000). We specialize in computer programming.
We develop and sell connected ag-weather stations (the “Station(s)”) and an application (the “Application”) which is available in third-party app stores or at app.sencrop.com, and is used mainly by professionals in the agricultural sector.
We operate a website accessible to the public at www.sencrop.com (the “Site”). The Site provides web users information about the business and services offered by the Company as well as Company events, publications and other news.
The customers and prospects of the Company, the users of the Stations and/or the Application and internet users who browse the Site are referred to hereafter as “User” or “You”.
When you use the Station and/or the Application, when you browse the Site and, more broadly speaking, when you interact with the Company, we may collect and process your personal data in our capacity as data controller.
We value your privacy, and protecting your personal data is important to us. This policy aims to bring you a clear explanation of the methods and characteristics of personal data processing by the Company by means, in whole or in part, of the Station, the Application or the Site.
2. What is the purpose of this policy?
The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the methods employed to collect, process and use your personal data, as well as inform you about your rights in terms of data protection as defined in the applicable legal provisions.
3. When do we process your data?
We collect and process your personal data when you purchase a Station, subscribe to the Application, use the Station and Application, browse the Site, complete data collection forms on the Site, and, more broadly speaking, within the scope of our ongoing relationship and interactions with you.
In some cases, your data, such as your name and email address, is provided to the Company by a User. For example, if a User wants to give you access to the Application, they may provide your data to the Company so it can allow you to use the Application and its services.
You are hereby informed that the personal data concerning you that we collect and process may be enhanced by us for commercial, prospecting, communication or marketing purposes, using other sources of information such as social media, so-called “public” information, or rented lists. These data are processed in compliance with the applicable regulations.
4. What categories of data do we collect?
Several categories of personal data are collected and processed by the Company, in particular the following:
- Identification data (marital status, surname, given names, pseudonym, address, phone number (land line and/or mobile), email address, internal processing code enabling customer identification, copy of ID in some cases, etc.);
- Economic or financial data (bank account details; check number; credit card number; payment methods; discounts granted; receipts; balance and outstanding debt for purchases made on credit; transaction number, etc.);
- Data involving your transactions with the Company (details about the purchase, the subscription, the product or the service purchased; quantity; price; frequency; delivery address; purchase and service provision history; product returns; type of order or sale (salesperson, representative, partner, affiliate); etc.);
- Data relative to your use of the Station and/or the Application (data relative to your professional agricultural activities, to the location of your plots, to your farm, to the weather conditions at the location of your Station, etc.);
- Technical data relative to your use of the Site and the Application (Site visit and browsing history; session ID; location data (e.g. IP address location); data relative to your terminal) ;
- Data relative to the tracking of your relationship with the Company (requests for contact, information or documentation; trial requests; correspondence, including with the customer and after-sales service department; customer dialogues and comments; person(s) in charge of customer relationships; data tracking your response to the email messages we send you (number of emails read, number of clicks, etc.);
- Data relative to the organization and processing of contests, lotteries and any other promotional operation set up by the Company (participation date; responses to contests; types of prizes given, etc.);
- Data relative to prospects (marital status, surname, given names, address, phone number (land line and/or mobile), email address, etc.);
- Data that may be provided to us to allow you to access the Application and our services, for example by your employer or a business relation (name, email address, etc.).
5. On what grounds do we process your data?
We process your personal data in order to fulfill the contract that binds us to you and provide the services you request. Data can also be processed to satisfy legitimate interests such as improving the tools and services we provide to you; prospecting; and gathering statistics to meet our business needs. Furthermore, we may need your consent to process certain data.
Should you refuse to share certain personal data with us, this could prevent us from providing you with access to the Application or to the services requested.
6. What is the purpose of collecting your data?
Depending on the situation, we mainly process your data for the following reasons:
- To make the Application available for use; to manage your subscription to the Application; to provide, via the Application, information and statistics collected by the Stations; and, more broadly speaking, to provide the services offered by the Company;
- To process and deliver your Station orders;
- To manage any necessary adjustments and technical corrections to the Station, the Application and the Site;
- To track our business relationship with our customers through the use of satisfaction surveys, complaint management and after-sales service;
- To improve and optimize the quality and functionalities of the Application, the Station and the Site on the basis of usage studies and User feedback;
- To enable Users to access the Site and benefit from the functionalities it offers;
- To organize prospecting operations aimed at customers and prospects (solicitations, promotions, surveys, product tests, loyalty programs, etc.);
- To organize contests, lotteries and all other promotional operations (with the exception of online gambling and games of chance subject to approval by the Autorité Nationale des Jeux (French Gaming Authority);
- To produce and conduct studies, analyses, reports and statistics;
- To ensure the Company meets its legal and regulatory obligations;
- To satisfy any need for the Company to reorganize, particularly in the event of the liquidation, merger or acquisition of all or part of the Company’s assets or shares.
7. With whom is your data shared?
Your personal data may be shared with authorized departments and employees of the Company and its subsidiaries, to meet the Company’s business needs and fulfill the purposes listed above.
Your data may be shared – for some of the aforementioned purposes, and only if disclosure proves necessary to meet the Company’s business needs – with the Company's third-party service providers or partners or any third-party bound by a contract with the Company (for example, we must share your mailing address with our shipping partners to ensure the delivery of your Station). Your data may also be disclosed to other third parties, including partners who provide services accessible via our Application (for example companies which provide tools and services to prevent disease and improve yield), or providers of online payment services such as Stripe (https://stripe.com/fr/privacy) and GoCardless (https://gocardless.com/fr-fr/legal/politique-de-confidentialite/). These third parties are responsible for processing any personal data they receive. They collect and process your data in accordance with their respective personal data protection policies, which are separate from our policy. We therefore recommend in all cases that you read the personal data protection policy of each of site or application concerned. In any event, the Company shall not be held liable should data processing operations performed by any one of these third parties, in its capacity as data controller, breach the applicable legal and regulatory provisions.
In addition, your data may be shared with any authority legally authorized to be informed thereof, in particular in the event of a requisition issued by the judicial, law enforcement or administrative authorities.
It is hereby stated that the abovementioned recipients shall receive only the data that fulfill the purpose warranting any such disclosure.
8. How long are your data retained?
If you are a Sencrop customer, the personal data concerning you (such as your identity data, data relative to your use of the Station and/or the Application, etc.) that we collect in order to provide our services, monitor our customer relationships, perform commercial and communications operations and improve our services shall be retained for the duration of your contract with us.
When the contract term is reached, these data shall be retained for five (5) years in a temporary archive in accordance with certain legal obligations, and then deleted.
Some accounting documents (such as purchase orders, delivery notes, receipts and customer invoices) must be retained in a temporary archive for ten (10) years from the closing of the fiscal year. These documents shall be deleted at the end of this ten (10) year period.
If you are not a Sencrop customer, we shall retain your data for three (3) years as from your last contact with the Company (online request, email or letter, phone call, newsletter subscription, click in an email you received from the Company, participation in an event, etc.).
When you exercise your right to object to the processing of your data, we shall retain the information allowing us to take account of this right and avoid soliciting you in the future for a period of three (3) years.
In general, we delete your personal data as soon as it is no longer needed to fulfill one of the purposes set forth in Section 6 of this policy.
9. What are your rights?
In accordance with the abovementioned legal and regulatory provisions, you have the right to access the personal data concerning you that are collected by the Company.
You also have the right to rectify, erase and restrict the processing of your data to a certain degree, and a right to data portability. In addition, in some cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to object to the use of your data for prospecting purposes, particularly commercial prospecting.
You also have the right to define general and/or specific directives relative to the future use of your personal data and how you wish your rights to be exercised after your death. If we are informed of your death, your data shall be deleted after they have been provided to any third party you may have designated, and unless we are required to retain them for a fixed period of time for reasons relating to our legal and regulatory obligations and/or statutory limitation periods.
All requests to exercise these rights as well as all requests for information about personal data protection must be sent by certified mail with acknowledgement of receipt to the Company or to the following address: 8 Avenue des Saules, 59160 Lille.
In accordance with the applicable provisions, we pledge to respond to your request within one (1) month after receiving your request, save notification to the contrary from us which may extend this timeframe, on an exceptional basis, to three (3) months.
To ensure confidentiality and the protection of your personal data, the Company must verify your identity before responding to this type of request. A signed copy of a personal identification document must therefore be provided with any request to exercise these rights.
Certain forms available on our Site ask Users to enter their phone number. Any User who does not wish to be the target of prospecting, particularly commercial prospecting calls, can object to this type of soliciting and is hereby informed of their right to register, free of charge, on France’s national list to object to prospecting calls. This list is available at www.bloctel.gouv.fr.
Lastly, if you feel your data have not been processed in accordance with the applicable provisions, you may, under all circumstances, submit a complaint to the relevant national authority in charge of personal data protection. In France, this authority is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
10. Cookies and other tracers or similar technologies
11. How to be informed of updates of this policy?
This personal data protection policy may be modified or adjusted at any time. We encourage you to review it regularly. This policy is available at all times on the Site and on the Application, in a dedicated section. All personal data collection forms on our Site and our Application contain a link to this policy.
Should any modifications or substantial adjustments be made, you shall be notified of the new policy by the usual method used to contact you.
We are reachable for any further information at email@example.com